Bespoke Jewellery Design
Turning your dream jewellery into reality
Call us for your Consultation on 01727 532 455
Creating your bespoke piece of jewellery starts with a Bespoke Jewellery Design consultation to discuss your ideas, hopes and expectations.
Following an initial Bespoke Wedding Ring Design consultation, where we’ll discuss your ideas, hopes and expectations for your wedding rings, our Master Jewellery Designers, Chris or Sam Wharton, will create a series of rough sketches to inform the next steps in the design process.
These sketches will be refined into more detailed, accurate drawings that factor in design aspects, such as the dimensions, stone shape and size, and setting type. Finally, we’ll use Computer Aided Design to ensure your wedding ring designs come to life as perfectly as possible.
Once you’re happy with every aspect of the design, a wax prototype will be created so you can get a proper feel for your wedding ring and we can further adjust and modify the look in 3D form.
Once the prototype has passed our strict quality guidelines, your unique wedding ring design will be brought to life in your chosen material, the stones will be set, and the final piece polished.
Following an initial consultation, one of our Master Jewellery Designers, Chris or Sam Wharton, will pull together a series of rough sketches to provide information for the next steps in the design process.
The sketches are then refined into more detailed, accurate drawings that factor in different aspects of the design, such as dimensions, stone shape and size, and the type of setting.
While we favour traditional techniques, we also use the latest in modern technology. To make designs come to life as perfectly as possible, we, therefore, use Computer Aided Design (CAD). This allows us to work wonders with your ideas and to agree on a perfect design before the metal and gemstones have even been purchased.
When the details are finalised, we will create a wax prototype. This allows you to get a proper feel for the piece and allows us to further adjust and modify the look in 3D form.
Once the prototype has passed our strict quality guidelines, the design is brought to life in your chosen material, the stones are set, and the piece is polished.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1 - Discovery & Inspiration
- Discovery & Inspiration Consultation – we’ll help you explore the options and discover styles, materials and ideas that you’ll love. We love to do this at our St Albans showroom and workshop where we can meet you face to face and show you examples of our designs and stones – and you may even have your own jewellery, pictures or sketches that you want to share with us. Don’t worry if you can’t make it to our showroom - we can always carry out the initial consultation over the phone or on a video call.
- Making it Personal – jewellery is such a personal thing, so it’s no surprise that many of our bespoke pieces have a story behind them. It might be a personalized engagement ring that reminds you of your first holiday as a couple; a bespoke wedding ring design that reflects a shared passion; or a bespoke eternity ring piece that repurposes a family heirloom. Whatever your story we’d love to hear it, and it will give us the background and inspiration to create a ring that’s unique and personalized to you.
- Bringing it all together – it all has to be right: the materials; the concept; the budget – at this stage we’ll agree a brief to make sure we fully understand what you want from your bespoke ring, and we’ll give you all the help and expert advice you need to make sure it is perfect for you.
- Design Deposit – at this stage we will take a deposit (normally £100) to cover the cost and time involved in the next step – the Design Process. This deposit is taken off the total final cost of your bespoke piece should you choose to go ahead.
Step 2 – The Design Process
- Creating the CAD design – our Master Jewellery Designers Christopher & Sam Wharton will produce a preliminary sketch, incorporating your input from the discovery stage, your personal preferences, and of course your budget. We’ll then email the design to you along with a quote to make and arrange a time to discuss it with you.
- Refine the design – at this stage you get a further opportunity for feedback or to consider alternative options, and we’ll discuss and agree any refinements with you. Once you’re happy with the design we move on to the final stage of the design process…
- The Wax model – From the CAD design a wax model will be created – the blueprint which our craftsmen will use to bring your piece to life. At this stage we’ll also confirm the total cost of the piece and ask you for a further down-payment to start work on the actual piece.
Step 3 – The Creation/Making Process
- Material Selection & Provenance – depending on what materials and gemstones you have selected we will either select materials from our stocks or – if required - go and source the materials specifically for your piece.
- Bringing it to life – our master craftsmen make your design a reality in our St Albans workshop.
Step 4 – The Finished Ring
- Presentation – we can either send you the final piece, beautifully gift-wrapped, of course, or you can collect it (with or without the intended recipient) and see it for the first time in our showroom and celebrate your unique ring with a glass of Champagne.